Legal Question in Family Law in Texas


my wife and i got devorced in 06, because her parents wanted it, but we continued to be together , filed taxes joint merried and also started bank accounts exct.

is there ant clause in a devorce that nullifies it because we were not seporated ?

Asked on 7/31/08, 11:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: seporation

No. The divorce decree did not say you were not divorced if you continued to do things as married persons. If you don't want to be ceremonially married, you could file an affidavit of informal marriage which is the same thing as a legal marriage.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/08, 11:46 am
Johm Smith tom's

Re: seporation

If the conditions for the divorce were met, then you are divorced. If not, then you could try to overturn the divorce judgment but that is complicated and what you need to do is talk with an attorney to determine what your real goals are and how to accomplish them.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/08, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas