Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My son has a baby with a girl that he is not with. We have been helping with the baby she is 4 months as well as her other two kids and we live in Texas. She and him had a fight she is in jail for criminal mischief. She took a knife to his car inside and out. He tore her shirt trying to stop her. He went to jail also but bonded out, She is still in jail. I have the baby and her 3 and 4 year old but she has bought airline tickets to leave on Oct 9 one way to Ohio and I am scared she is flight risk and is not coming back with my grandbaby if she gets out and leaves . Is there any way to stop this maybe temporary custody or guardianship

Asked on 10/02/13, 11:59 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Based on what you have written, there are some additional items which would require answers to and clarification prior to providing any opinion. First, are there any court orders establishing your son as the biological father of the child? Second, has anyone ever had a paternity test done to verify your son is the biological father of the child? Third, your son will have to act quickly to ensure that the child does not leave Texas' jurisdiction. You should consult with a law firm to ensure that your and your son's interests and rights are fully protected. Should you desire to consult with a law firm, you may contact us at 281-994-4034 to schedule a consultation. Do not wait to take care of this matter, as time is of the essence when dealing with parents of a child and the potential for flight risk.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 6:47 am
Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

I agree with Attorney Brashear. You need an attorney immediately. Paternity needs to be established.

Call him.

There is this website &

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas