Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have twin grandsons who are being raised by people on the mothers side. And they will not let us see them. They have no custody papers on the children, only a temporary custody paper for school proposes. Do I have rights to see the grandkids or even have the right to take custody?

Asked on 8/19/13, 9:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Where are the bio parents of these children?

It does not appear that anyone has legal custody of these children.

A piece of paper, not signed by a judge, is custody. They have a piece of paper - it's not legal custody.

Is there a court that has jurisdiction over these children?

Where is the father? Has he established his parental rights? If not, then you have no grand-parent rights.

You have not given enough information to answer this question.

You need to meet with an experienced family law attorney in your county in person and discuss this matter.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 7:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas