Legal Question in Medical Leave in Texas

i am about to fight for custody of my three yr old son, the father has refused to let anyone on my side of the family see him. i cannot afford a lawyer and my court date is rapidly approaching. i have asked everyone i can and noone seems to be able to answer this question... how do i submit my witnesses and evidence to the court?

Asked on 11/23/10, 12:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

We need a lot more information before we can answer this.

Firstly: Were you ever served with a request for disclosures? Did you respond to it? And did you list your percipient witnesses in your response?

Basically, to present evidence to the court, you call your witnesses, and ask them questions. The opposition gets to cross-examine them. Objections will be made if the witness's answer isn't responsive to the question, or if he testifies about hearsay.

You really, really need a lawyer. Borrow from relatives, or sell a gun, but you really need a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/10, 1:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Texas