Legal Question in Insurance Law in Texas

Is there anyway to expedite a claim against Harris County? A Harris County Sherriff's Deputy rear-ended my vehicle and now my car is undriveable, yet I have to file a claim in order to get the county to repair the damage. I was told the claim procedures could drag on until next year. In the meantime, I have no transportation and my insurance will only cover the cost of a rental if I file the claim with them, which would inturn cost me a $500 deductable that I do not have right now.

Asked on 11/17/11, 12:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Go to your local Justice Court and file a lawsuit against Harris County (you would serve the County Judge, I think). The filing fee will be $100. That should light a fire under their sorry asses.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/11, 5:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Texas