Legal Question in Insurance Law in Texas

My Parents are deceased, How would i do a life insurance search. After they passed away we had a fire at the family home and all papers were burned. i know he had several policies. Not sure how to find who they were with.

Asked on 4/03/10, 10:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You should start by writing to the ten largest life insurance companies, which are:

MetLife, Inc.

Prudential Financial, Inc.

Lincoln National Corporation

Principal Financial Group, Inc.

Nationwide Financial Services, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc.

Ameriprise Financial, Inc.

Aflac Incorporated

UnumProvident Corporation

WellPoint, Inc.

You can get their addresses online.

Write PAPER letters (and keep copies). Tell them what you told me, and give them as much identifying information about the deceased as you can (date of birth, last residence address, social security number).

If that doesn't work, you'll need to check the deceased's bank records - see whom he was paying the premiums to. You may have to open up an estate to get the bank to give you these records.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/10, 11:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Texas