Legal Question in Investment Law in Texas

I have invested 10k in a private company that is suppose to be going public. However, it has been 6 years and they still haven't went public "insert any number of excuses here" and continue to tell me they are working on it. They claim to be making millions of dollars a year. What is the best course of action to take in getting my investment returned to me? Do I threaten to sue and hope for the best or do I need to hire an attorney and sue the company?

Thank you,

Asked on 12/18/13, 8:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

We need more information: How exactly did you invest in the company? Did you receive any stock certificates? Were you made a partner? Are you on a board of directors? Is there any written document stating what your rights are? Did you even get a receipt for the $10,000.00?

Read more
Answered on 12/27/13, 2:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in Texas