Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

I left my job after being falsely accused (again) of sexual harassment. I felt the company wanted to let me go anyway based upon vibes. I have over 20 years of experience in my field, yet every time I send my resume out I get no response. Most recently I finally was able to get an interview with a prominent company in my field. The interview went well and I felt an offer was pending. After sending a followup letter expressing thanks and interest, I have yet to hear from the company even though I was told that an application would be emailed to me and that they needed to fill the position "yesterday".

I really feel I am being blackballed in my industry. What legal remedy (if any) do I have?

Asked on 11/25/10, 4:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

If I were you, I'd enlist the help of a friend, preferably somebody in another city - you'll be using his address - create a letterhead for the Alston Corporation (using your friend's address) and write a letter to your old employer - tell them that you've received a resume from and you need a reference - Was he dependable? Why did he quit? etc. See what kind of response you get - see if they're telling prospective employers that you committed sexual harassment.

If you're being defamed, you do have a cause of action for libel, but it will be expensive to pursue.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/10, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas