Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

Hi LawGuru,

My moms owns a house in Texas but no one is currently living in that property as she has left the country. I am trying to rent out the house for my mom. Is there anything I should pay attention to other than the landlord/tenant contract? Should I get with my mom and sign another agreement form between manager(me) and owner (my mom) so that I have full authority to operate, rent, and manage the property and the landlord/tenat contract is valid.

Thank you in advance.

Asked on 5/25/10, 8:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

a power of attorney can give you specific rights to rent, lease, etc on that particular property. as for lease agreements, look at forms by the Texas Real Estate Commission.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/10, 11:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas