Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

I'm currently renting a house in Houston. I paid my rent for this month. We got broken into. We called the landlord and he never came to fix the doors that night. We got broken into the next day. So we are wanting to get out of our lease which he said yes that's a good reason. But he wont get us our security deposit. Also we are moving out because the police said the house always gets broken into which he failed to mention and now he is trying to move people in now. Are we allowed to get are security deposit back and our rent since we are moving out the 21st

Asked on 3/10/14, 1:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Sue him for your security deposit and for breach of the lease. He failed to provide you with a habitable dwelling. File the suit in Justice Court.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/14, 4:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas