Legal Question in Mediation in Texas

Is there a standard form I can download and print to have the father of my daughter voluntary signs his rights over for the state of TX?

Asked on 6/01/17, 7:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator

Terminating a person's parental rights is very serious in Texas. Judges don't easily do it. Plus, most judges require a new step-dad or step-mom be willing able and capable of stepping into the other parent's shoes.

You need to meet with a family law attorney in person to discuss your county's policies.

Many years ago in TX the TX Supreme Court reversed several terminations. So now how a person's rights are terminated are taken very seriously and EVERY step must be followed to the letter. It was devastating to have children removed from the people that they thought were their legal parent and be returned to "strangers".

I'd look on for an attorney in your county.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/17, 7:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Texas