Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Texas

My father is 63 and was previously in the hospital for a heart attack and was there for 10 days. The hospital asked us to follow up with his family doctor and we did. Well here is the problem. He had do take a urine test and fail for a drug called Serax which we had no idea what it was or for. Hes doctor wouldnt retest or even check with the hopital to check to see what he took there because it had only been 12 days since he was there. He told us to find out where it came from bc they didnt have record of it. So i did and it was what he took in the hopital. So i have tried to explain it to dr. and the clinic admin. but neither one will listen or return my calls. My father is on high dose pain meds. for Post Polio Syndrome but since he failed his urine test his dr. refuses to give him he pain meds. Without them he is in severe pain and now he is going through withdrawals and it causes serious problems with his health. Remember he just had a heart attack. The dr. wont even give him something to ween him off slowly so it dont kill him. So now you know part of the problem my question is : Is anything this dr. did that is malpracties or anything . I was told by another that nothing could be done unless he has another heart attack or dies and im not buying that. We shouldnt have to wait until something bad happenes because hes alreadly puting him through pain and withdrawal for no reason because he didnt take anything that was not proscribed to him. He is being treated like a drug addict and hes not. Just dont know what to do so if you have any advice it would really help Thank You

Asked on 4/28/10, 8:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Gober (Austin TX) Lee, Gober & Reyna

My law firm handles cases against doctors when doctors don't do the right thing.

I am an Austin Personal Injury Lawyer who handles cases throughout Texas.

Feel free to contact me so that we can discuss your case further. 512-478-8080

Read more
Answered on 5/03/10, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas