Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Texas

If someone had surgery on their bursa sack on their elbow to be removed and thedoctor did the surgery wrong and when his elbow started getting worse he ended up going to another doctor at a different hospital because it got 20x worse. The new doctor told him that the doctor did SEVERAL things wrong that he should NOT have even done. Should we look into hiring a lawyer because the 2 weeks that the original doctor estimated the time he would be out of work turned into now 5 weeks and the new doctor has to go do surgery on his elbow again.

Asked on 2/07/10, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Gober (Austin TX) Lee, Gober & Reyna

Yes, you need to consult with a personal injury lawyer (medical malpractice lawyer) immediately!

A doctor is liable for injuries and pain related to acts or omissions that fall below the appropriate standard of care.

I wish you the best of luck, let me know if I may be of assistance.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/10, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas