Legal Question in Military Law in Texas

I have been accused and found guilty by my command on fraternization and adultery despite of the lack of evidence on a adultery I did not committed. As a punishment they decide to give me a Relief for Cause and a GOMOR that will be permanently filed in my records. Prior all these events I have submitted my REFRAD to leave the active duty military. Will the given punishments affect me on getting an Honorable Discharge?

Asked on 3/29/16, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William J. Holmes Attorney at Military Law

It is very possible that these will affect the type of discharge you receive. You should file an appeal to their findings to try to overturn it. The punishment can be appealed or you can file a petition to the Board for Correction of Records to have this overturned. Either way, you need to get this reversed and removed from your record.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, you can contact me directly at 757-420-9321 or

Read more
Answered on 3/30/16, 3:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Texas