Legal Question in Military Law in Texas

My son was apprehended for going awol from training in Ft Richardson in Alaska. Since he left he had a serious motorcycle accident and sustained traumatic brain injuries which he is still in the process to recovery although dr's have said he will never fully recover. I asked the county jail about him as well as several other Army Bases as to where they might take him and no one can tell me. I'm extremely worried, he is no condition to be incarcerated...he has sever short-term memory loss, he's constantly unaware of his surroundings, and does not even know what the current year is? But some have told me they may send him to Alaska...he was in the process of being admitted to a 6 month residential rehab facility, but now that he's been arrested he can't go. Brain injury patients have a 2 yr window to reach their peak recovery and he has limited time to make any progress...what can I do to find out where he is going, and how do I speed up the process? No one I talked to seemed to care about his condition.

Asked on 10/03/12, 4:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

If he is active duty military, then it is their responsibility to take care of his injuries, at government expense. Generally, military doctors are good folks. Let them do their job. Your son will call you to tell you where he is.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/12, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Texas