Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

I am a minor (17) and I recently got into a car accident where I was hit on the drivers side because the other person ran their red light while I had a solid green. We have a witness we just got the police report, which says he has insurance but we don't know if it's valid yet.. Medical bills are over the top and I am in need of a car ASAP but we are not sure what to do next. We will be hiring an attorney soon because we need the help however we are confused as what to do next and what's the quickest thing I can do to obtain a car ASAP?

Asked on 10/15/13, 10:39 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

Call a few attorneys and ask if they'll handle getting your property damage processed. I don't know of any rental agencies that will allow a 17 year old to rent an auto. However, most property damage portions of cases can resolve quickly.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 10:54 pm
Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Based on what you have written, it appears that you should consult with a local law firm to assist you in protecting your rights and interests. There are a few items which would need clarification prior to providing any opinions. First, who owned the vehicle you were driving? Second, who owned the vehicle driven by the other party? Third, who is the other party's insurance company and your insurance company? Fourth, what damages were incurred to your vehicle? Fifth, what injuries did you sustain from the accident? Sixth, are you still in school or have you graduated? These and other questions will need answers as soon as possible so as to allow us the ability to assist you. Additionally, you would need to contact the law firm at 281-944-4034 to arrange for an initial consultation - make sure that you advise the receptionist what your case is about.

The above response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an on-going duty to respond to questions. Additionally, the response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 5:25 am
Andrew Traub The Traub Law Office, P.C.

Look for a law firm (like ours) that will help you with the property damage portion of your claim for free as part of the assistance with your injury claim.

You're welcome to call us for a free consultation (512) 343-2572 or visit our website to learn more about us.

Take your time to learn about the lawyer you hire.

There are a few things that should be documented relatively quickly which you can find on our website :

Good luck,


Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 11:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas