Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

i bought a house in gunbarrel city texas 5 years ago i took my common law wife and my daughter in with me to watch at the attorney title co. the notary republic decided to put my common law wife on the title using my last name as her legal name. now we cant sell and the notary that put her on it will not close the deal without a id . she is causing the deal to fall through. she put her on the deed without id but wont take her off. now i wont close tomorrow. we are screwed because we spent everything empting the house.

Asked on 9/11/18, 5:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

You would need an affidavit of identity and/or a correction deed. Either (or both) may clear up your issue.

For more information, please visit our website:

Read more
Answered on 9/11/18, 7:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas