Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas


My husband &I are buying a house from an owner. It's a 23yr note and we been paying on it for the last 19yrs.The payment includes insurance and taxes.Now the guy we are buying has been calling for 3 months wanting us to sign the papers for homesteading.He says he wants to save us some money but I don't believe him.For one he is money hungry and he just wants us to sign like idiots without reading the papers.Can you please help me thanks!

Asked on 7/18/08, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm

Re: homestead

I am not sure what he is up to. You get your homestead exemption by applying the county assessor's office. Don't sign anything unless you have an attorney review the documents.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/08, 6:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas