Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

what are my rights, when I buy a house with my boy friend, since 2000. He is treating to put me out.I don't make the payment on the house each,because I have not had a job for 2 years.

Asked on 12/13/10, 3:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

If you are on the TITLE to the house (not just the LOAN) then you are an owner. He can't put you out without some sort of court order. If you want to cash out, you can either have him buy you out, or you can file a motion to partition the property (which is a court ordered sale.)

Good luck.


Please read my disclaimer

Read more
Answered on 12/25/10, 9:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas