Legal Question in Tax Law in Texas

If I am separated from my husband (still technically married but not living together), am I responsible for his tax debt if he fails to file or pay? Even if I file as "married filing separately"?

Asked on 2/21/13, 7:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

I assume you're talking about an INCOME tax debt.

Yes, technically you're responsible (Texas being a community property state), but it is unlikely that the IRS will come after you.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/13, 7:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Texas