Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My father passed away and had a will, Do I have to go file it at our county courts and what else do I need to do?

Asked on 9/27/17, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

I'm sorry to hear about your father. If you have possession of the original will, then you will need to either file it for probate (you have two options, muniment of title or application for letters). If not, then you can deliver it to the clerk.


Law Offices of David L. Leon, PC Business, Real Estate, Immigration, Estate Planning

3500 Oak Lawn Ave., Ste. 205 and Probate Services

Dallas, Texas 75219

mailto:[email protected]

(214) 696-0021 voice

(214) 696-0110 fax

Read more
Answered on 9/27/17, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas