Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My wife had a few parcels of land she had bought at auctions in her name. She died in May of 2017 with no will. I have been paying the taxes on them. How do I change them to my name.

Asked on 8/16/17, 11:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arthur Geffen Arthur H. Geffen, P.C.

You will have to file for a determination of heirship and possibly for an independent administration. Depending on whether or not your wife was married prior to her marriage to you and if there were children, this could easily turn into a conflict among potential heirs. Contact a local probate lawyer. This is not something you can do yourself.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/17, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas