Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My Sister passed away without a will. She remarried about 3 years ago. Her home and all of her accounts are in her name only. She lived in Irving Texas. I am her only living sibling. Should I be thinking about hiring a probate attorney. She died In late October of 2022 and I really haven't heard anything from her executor who is the son of her husband.

Asked on 8/30/23, 2:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I'm not a Texas lawyer, but I'll tell you that in New York there is no need to notify a sibling in this situation. You're not entitled to inherit any part of the estate. I just took a look at Texas' law and it's the same as New York.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/23, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas