Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My brother refuses to sign ANY paperwork in regards to the inheritance my father left us.

My parents divorced and my father met another woman after and after retirement they moved to Italy. Now due to immigration laws they had to complete a process that takes years to fulfill. They moved in oct 2017 and he passed in Jan 2018. My brother is convinced that we are entitled to more than we were told and refuses to cooperate. My mother resented my fathers new wife and is convincing my brother to refuse. They would rather no one gets anything if it means that my stepmother gets nothing.

What are my options here?

Asked on 7/10/18, 1:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

If your father has property in Texas, you can file for probate here. If your brother chooses to be petty, we can still move forward, it would just cost much more. I would need a list of the assets still in the US before I can tell you what to do.

For more information, please visit our website:

Read more
Answered on 7/10/18, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas