Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

I have had money taken out of my check for medical and life insurance where I work, it has come to our attention that all policies wee cancelled as of Sept 1, 2013. My employer continued to take funds out fully knowing that they had already cancelled the policy. What are my options for recouping said funds that total over $2000.00?

Asked on 12/26/13, 7:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Your employer is a crook.

You need to write a nice letter to your Human Resources department (paper letter - NOT an email or text message - NO PHONE CALLS) - put a date on the letter - keep a copy - and ask them politely how they plan to refund your money to you. Give them the benefit of the doubt (initially) - assume that they just made a mistake that they will now want to fix.

If you don't hear from them in ten days, sue them. And contact the Texas Workforce Commission.

Read more
Answered on 12/29/13, 8:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas