Legal Question in Construction Law in Utah

Business Law

I am a gen.contractor. I purchased two sets of heating/cooling equipment from a licensed subcont. for a duplex-style building. Amount, $8000. He told me he sold the second set, but would have it replaced and installed by deadline. Months later there is no equipment. I have exteneded the deadline many times, but cannot anymore. What is best? Lein? Take a loss and file small claims (max $7500)? Or, can this be filed as a criminal case as I have invoice proof of purchase of equipment that is no longer there? I will be sued by the project owner for the heating/cooling system if I don't recoup this somehow and get the system in! I cannot afford this loss myself!

Asked on 3/09/09, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Re: Business Law

You can file the lien, then prosecute your lien; you can file suit. Probably will not make a criminal case.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/09, 4:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Utah