Legal Question in Criminal Law in Utah

My daughtwr, soon to be 22 got into a small argument with our EX friends and she ended up kicking their car door. Was only $700 damage. NOW, her fine is $880 and she took a plea and abeayance and completed and cognitive thinking class, and CANNOT find a decent job anywhere that will hire her with a criminal mischief charge on her record. She has had jibs that paid $12 and doesnt want to work fast food for $9! What is she to do?

Asked on 11/28/16, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Jackson Brian K. Jackson, LLC

You can try and withdraw the plea if it was entered in within 30 days. Or you can try and get it expunged down the road. Never enter into a contract with the government without contacting an attorney especially on a criminal case. The state never has your best interests in mind.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/16, 8:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Utah