Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Utah

My daughter is a drug addict with Schizophrenia. She was just released from prison and has been ordered to a treatment facility and is waiting for a bed. She just inherited several thousand dollars from her grandfather's trust. Can I put it in an account for her rather than give it to her to blow on drugs? She is 35

Asked on 2/18/24, 8:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

It's possible grandfather's trust contains language which allows for the money to be put into another trust for your daughter. Unfortunately this is a very state-specific question. Would your daughter voluntarily agree to having you hold the money?

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/24, 10:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Utah