Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I had to move out of an apartment because i stopped rec. child support. when i moved i did not owe any rent. they apartment complex sued me for breaking the lease. they failed to serve me at my work, so i did not appear and there for lost, but as soon as they won they garnished my check and i do not have the 6000 dollars they want and they are taking 138 a week and i have not money left. is there any way to get this reversed.

Asked on 11/28/09, 9:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If in fact you were never properly served with notice of the lawsuit which resulted in the default judgment against you and subsequent garnishment, you should contact the clerk's office of the court involved to request a hearing to vacate this judgment (thereby voiding the garnishment) for lack of proper service.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/09, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia