Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Virginia

Wrongful lawsuit

If I am served lawsuits papers for something I had no involvement with and now need a lawyer to dismiss me from the case, can I counter lawsuit for the lawyers fees and emotional distress

Asked on 9/17/08, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Mims Sickels, Frei & Mims

Re: Wrongful lawsuit

it depends. If the plaintiff knew that you were not involved, then probably...if the pleading was in good faith and the plaintiff was simply wrong, then probably not. If you have insurance, then regardless you should turn the suit papers over to them immediately. If you do not have insurance you need to file a timely answer or you will loose your remedy and defense regardless of whether you are right.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/08, 12:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Virginia