Legal Question in DUI Law in Virginia

suspended liscense

I got a dwi in texas and know my liscense will be suspended. I recently moved to Va with my husband. In texas i would have still been able to drive. He is in the navy and will be in and out of here and i need to know how can i still drive here. my attoney in texas told me i have to find this out on my on. also shouldnt he be helping me with this??

Asked on 11/06/07, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: suspended liscense

You should go down to the nearest Virginia DMV office in your area and apply for a Virginia driver's license, truthfully disclosing on the application everything which you're required to disclose. (Make sure that you review the information necessary to pass the written test before you actually apply.)

Whether you're approved for a Virginia driver's license will obviously be up to DMV authorities, and, no, your Tesxas attorney should not be expected to assist you with this particular exercise.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/07, 11:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Virginia