Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia


so im currently stuck in the middle of a custody battle. I have temporary physical custody and I don't have a lawyer and court is coming up soon. but my court order states that I have to live in my residents that I rent from which is my son grandmothers house. the dad was not living here for a few months but then him and his GF moved in and I get no help from no one ive been stuck having to take off work and it hurting me financially because my sons dad doesn't want to be responsible and help me pay for child care. I need help figuring out how to lift my court order from staying here to beable to move out to my own place.

Asked on 10/18/18, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Why haven't you filed for child support against your son's father----either through

Virginia's Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE) or by way of a private

attorney (if you can afford to hire one)?

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 10/19/18, 6:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia