Legal Question in Federal Tort Claims in Virginia

I am a federal employee in a pay band position. I recently transferred from the Army to Air Force. I accepted a position with Air Force in the same pay band; but, it was an increase in responsibility. As result of the increase in responsibility, I was offer an increase in salary. After three weeks of being in the position, I received an email from the hiring office stating my paid would be reverted back to the pay I was receiving prior to my Air Force employment. It stated I was not due an increase in pay IAW DoD AcqDemo Operating Procedures dated 15 May 2003 (with updates as of 23 Oct 2014); because, I did not change pay bands. According to email "please accept our apology for this administrative error in your pay setting". Is it legal for the government to do this? I accepted this position based on the increase in pay.

Asked on 11/02/17, 5:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Without reviewing the applicable contract which applies to your particular employment

situation as a civilian employee of the military, I couldn't offer an opinion

on this matter.

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 12/01/17, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in Virginia