Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Virginia

Okay, I live in Buckingham VA. I have a roommate living in my house. He has been here for two years. He betray my trust and my family's trust. I told him he needs to go but he's refusing how can I get him to leave without using physical violence?

Asked on 9/18/17, 8:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You will need to go down to the clerk's office of your local general district court (civil division) and explain

to one of the clerks there that you want to file a case for what's called Unlawful Detainer in order to have this roommate legally evicted from your home

This clerk should have all the paperwork there that you will need to complete in order to get this

case moving forward in the court.

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 9/18/17, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Virginia