Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

I came in the USA 2009 on G5 visa and I want to file asylum on lgbt since I discovered that I am one of them .My question is is it possible to get the asylum since I pass 1 year deadline.

Asked on 8/07/16, 7:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sean Hanover Hanover Law

Probably not. The bar is fairly rigid, although if you can prove substantial and material change in country conditions, or a change in your personal situation that radically alters your position now, then likely you could make the case. You will need the help of a trained immigration attorney feel free to reach out to us, and we would be happy to discuss the particulars.


Read more
Answered on 8/10/16, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia