Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Virginia

I owe money to a woman for hitting her car. She has retained an attorney, but I have not contested that I owe money. I have to go to her lawyer tomorrow and write a check to cover the estimate. What type of receipt should i get to make sure this matter is settled completely?

Asked on 7/10/14, 4:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Any that shows that on the given date you paid the amount necessary to make full and final settlement of this woman/s claim(s) against you arising from this particular accident.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/14, 7:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Virginia