Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I am a home owner and rented rooms to a tenant. Although there was no rental agreement signed, tenant verbally agreed to stay for a year, i have text messages to support this claim. Renter has since decided to move. Do I have a case for a small claims court?

Asked on 2/25/16, 3:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, perhaps, if you can prove to the judge that you had an oral agreement for

this tenancy and that this tenant has violated it in a way that makes him or her

liable to you for damages.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/16, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia