Legal Question in Workers Comp in Virginia

My husband got sick at work and they refuse to help him. Even though he is still listed as employed, they have not paid him since June 09.

He got exposed to some sort of drugs or chemicals and they would not authorize a drug test and now he cannot work due to the developed illness. He also had what was thought to be a stroke on duty but they did not take him to the hospital.

What can we do?

Asked on 10/04/10, 5:46 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Your husband (in my opinion) should file a workman's compensation claim without further delay for his exposure to these toxic substances while on the job which now have allegedly resulted in his current inability to work.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/10, 10:21 am
Peter M. Sweeny, Esq. Author:Virginia Workers' Compensation Case Finder

If your husband has an occupational disease as a result of exposure to chemicals at work he will need to file a Workers' compensation claim within 2 years of the date it was first communicated to him that he had an occupational disease. He does not have much time left to do this so he needs to act soon.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/10, 3:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Virginia