Legal Question in Criminal Law in Washington

my house was raided last weak and i ask for the search warrent and they told me they will leave it in the house after so they did but it stating a locked room belonging to a person that dont stay in the house but my brother got charged for what they found can we fight this case becouse of search and seizures or we cant

Asked on 7/29/11, 8:44 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

James J. White, attorney Law Offices of Smith & White, PLLC

Absolutely you can challenge a bad search for exceeding the scope of the warrant or for the officers/judge relying on unreasonable or clearly erroneous information. You will need a lawyer to properly challenge the search and/or seizure and have your best chance of winning. Also, a veteran lawyer will identify other legal issues (like how do they establish your brother's ownership of what was seized) and know how to best use those issues to negotiation or fight as is best for your situation.

At your service,

Read more
Answered on 7/31/11, 3:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Washington