Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Washington

I have approximately 30,000 in credit card debt...and I owe 30,000 more than my house is currently worth. I was hoping you could suggest the best consomer credit entity to speak with for help and advice or should I seek an attorney?\n\nThank you

Asked on 7/30/09, 2:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James J. White, attorney Law Offices of Smith & White, PLLC

You might wish to seek relief under our bankruptcy laws. They are designed to benefit us all in the long run by relieving short term debts that may hinder our long term productivity. However, there are a number of issues, your income for example, that need to be explored to see if you even qualify. Any bankruptcy proceeding will require that you go through consumer credit counseling so contact a bankruptcy lawyer in your area for more guidance. At a minimum, he/she should be able to send you to a good consumer credit counselor.

At your service,

Read more
Answered on 8/05/09, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Washington