Legal Question in Business Law in Washington

Looking to sell a Washington State LLC. What documents will be required for the sale and transfer of stocks to the buyer?

Asked on 12/18/23, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

In almost all cases, no one will want to buy the underlying business entity. They will usually purchase the assets and goodwill to avoid any liability. There are of course some cases where buying the entity is preferred like when there are certain licenses in place, etc.

How you approach this really depends. But if they are buying the entity, you create a membership interest assignment agreement and make sure you get a member resolution as well.

If they are buying the assets, then this is done through an asset purchase agreement.

If you need clarification, , feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

You can review our outstanding client reviews here:

And our firm is now referred by the American Bar Association (see under the New York section):

Kind regards,


Natoli-Legal, LLC


[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/23, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Washington