Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

I am a green-card holder who wants to travel abroad for more than a year. I need a re-entry permit for that, and I have heard that I should file it 60 days before my departure. However, I am running out of time. What is the consequence if I file it less than 60 days?

Asked on 11/14/16, 11:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

A re-entry permit can be sent to the DHS or U.S. Embassy abroad for you to pick up. The problem is, you MUST be in the U.S. for biometrics or your application will be denied. So, you cannot depart the U.S. until after you file AND take biometrics.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/16, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington