Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Washington

My name is still on a mortgage with my ex-husband for a house he lives in. How can I get my name off that mortgage?

Asked on 5/07/12, 4:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Mackin Law Office of Thomas A. Mackin

Is your name still on the deed? The only way you are likely to get your name off the mortgage is if he refinances the house by himself. You will probably have to go back to Family Court and seek an order modifying your decree and requiring him to refinance or sell within a reasonable time period. You will need an attorney's assistance because it is not as simple as just asking.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/12, 11:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Washington