Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Washington

a family member raped me and was found not guilty but i’m worried he may be hurting his new family now. is there anything i can do to help? could i reopen the case and go to trial again or something?

Asked on 7/29/19, 3:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Ideally, I would prefer that if you paid for this question. I am running a business here. I will be generous and answer the question in hopes that you pay for the answer.

It is very good that you took the case to trial. The best that you can do is to report the fact the person (hopefully, convicted person) is going to be in the presence of a new family member of yours and to report it to the police. I must say is that if you did not report it to the police, and you know the identity of the person, you must report it to the police immediately in order to protect your new family member - meaning today. Most people who will rape a woman or anything once will continue to do so.

At this point, you could not re-open the case unless something were to happen between the "convicted" and the new family member. What you could do is to try to implement an all-encompassing restraining ordered of the rapist against all members of your family and to put this man on some kind of "wanted" list so that all women in your area, as well as areas throughout anywhere he may go, are protected from him.

I thank you for asking this question because it will help others. If you could also help me by paying for this question I would greatly appreciate that. All the best, you are definitely in my prayers, and if you have any further questions, please do ask.

I hope that helped at the least and if you do not have the funds to pay for the question, I do understand those kinds of financial situations which is also why I am on this site.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/19, 3:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Washington