Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Wisconsin

how do I schedule a supplemental hearing in Dane County, WI? I have won a money judgement but the debtor refuses to pay, and he has disclosed he has no money.

Asked on 12/22/15, 9:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

You will need to hire an attorney for supplementary proceedings, since jurisdictional requirements for supplementals are complex. If not properly done, the contempt of court order for noncompliance, which is often the goal of these proceedings, becomes impossible to get, as does the lien status which can be achieved as to all assets discovered during the supplementary.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at. View over fifteen years of past answers at See 15 years of past answers at . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials. .

Read more
Answered on 12/23/15, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Wisconsin