Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

My brother is in custody and needs an attorney. He is going through a divorce, but is still legally married. He owns a home in both of their names and owns 2 paid off vehicles. She also has a $15,000 CD which she got during their marriage. He doesn't qualify for a public defender, and she is refusing to hire him an attorney. Is there any way that he can make her hire an attorney for him?

Asked on 12/04/09, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sandra Glodowski Law Office of Sandra Glodowski

Probably not. Your brother may have to sell a vehicle or something to be able to secure representation. What charges is he facing? You can call me to discuss if you like. 608-239-3451.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/09, 8:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin