Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

Jailed for possession of friend's RX Ibuprofen

We just got a call from WI asking to verify our son's info so he could be considered for Justice 2000. I asked why & was told that he was arrested at 10:20 last night for possession of his friend's RX strength Ibuprofen, the bottle had no label. They are holding him for 72 hrs., we cannot see him & he can't call our cell. No charge yet, no bail. What can we do? HELP

Asked on 2/23/09, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Brophy Sipsma, Hahn, & Brophy L.L.C.

Re: Jailed for possession of friend's RX Ibuprofen

Hire an attorney in the county where your son was arrested. The attorney can go and see your son in the jail, figure out what he's facing and, if you hire someone early enough, may be able to do some damage control with the District Attorney's Office before formal charges are filed.

Likewise, an attorney can make sure your son gets a timely bail hearing so that he can get out of jail as early as possible. If your son is in Madison or a surroundiing city feel free to call us.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/09, 1:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin