Legal Question in Personal Injury in Wisconsin

I'm having a problem with an auto insurance claim. The claims representative of the other driver said that they will only take 70% fault and I have to take 30% fault because their client is fabricating details about the accident. I do not have an insurance company to fight for me. What should I do to lower my percentage at fault? Can I do anything to lower my percentage at fault or do I have to accept their decision?

Asked on 2/22/11, 1:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Myers Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers

If it a personal injury claim, forgive me in advance, but you are crazy to do this yourself without an attorney who is experienced in dealing with insurance industry obfuscation. If it is a property damage claim, no you do not have to accept the 30%, take your claim for damages to small claims court, prepare a thorough and coherent argument, present it in a cool, calm, rational manner, and let the court decide.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/11, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Wisconsin