Legal Question in Personal Injury in Wisconsin

I was wondering if there is any legal action I can take against my school district because of an incident involving my 11 year old daughter being assulted by a teacher? Since I myself graduated from the same school, I am familiar with the teacher and have heard many similar stories regarding this teacher going back as far as 20 years.

Asked on 11/10/10, 11:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Schober Schober Schober & Mitchell, S.C.

Generally, an employer is not responsible for the criminal activities of employees. However, there are exceptions. An exeception centers around whether the employer knew of the conduct and condoned it. That is often the case against the Catholic church, when it covered up behavior of priests who later assaulted people. If you could prove more than just the "stories" you heard, and that the district had actual knowledge of the person's behavior, it may amount to condoning it. It may still be a difficult case, but it is possible. You need to talk with a personal injury/trial firm that would be willing to invest substantial time and effort into your case. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 11/16/10, 7:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Wisconsin