Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Wisconsin

I co-signed on my son house loan is there a way to get out of this?

Asked on 6/24/17, 8:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Yes, you can file bankruptcy on most obligations, including loan guarantees. Short of that, however, the obligation will always remain on record, and can show up as a derogatory credit item for up to seven years.

.This answer is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer just because I answered it on a public website. Feel free to view my past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising. .

Read more
Answered on 6/26/17, 2:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Wisconsin